“Adobo” is a popular Filipino dish made from pork or chicken. This is very tasty and delicious paired with rice during meal time. There are a lot of ways to cook adobo, some marinate it first with vinegar and soy sauce and other ingredients before cooking. You can even put pineapple, potato and bay leaves.
I can still recall my childhood days, this is one of my favorite food paired with rice. The flavor, smell and the enhanced taste of this recipe is very inviting and exciting to eat with the whole family. This recipe is different because it is not marinated and no vinegar is added compared to the usual way of cooking adobo. I used olive oil in this recipe, it’s one of the most recognized edible oil that can give a lot of health benefits to our body.
According to “Our various sources”, some of the health benefits of chicken meat and olive oil are as follows:
Health benefits of chicken meat:
- It contains little fats and lots of protein, amino acids, selenium, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, magnesium.
- Contains phosphorus and calcium that keeps your bones healthy.
- Lots of trace minerals which improves immunity and etc.
Health benefits of olive oil:
- Contains large amounts of anti-oxidants, phyto-sterols and vitamins.
- It helps lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol in the blood.
- It helps to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Rich in vitamin E and Vitamin K
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
Get to try this different version, below is the recipe.
- 1/2 kg chicken meat
- 1tsp pepper
- 2 tsp seasoning mix powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- garlic and onion
- Wash hands before cooking.
- Prepare all the materials and ingredients.
- Put olive oil to the frying pan, saute garlic and onion, then add the chicken.
- Add the pepper and seasoning
- Add water and cover the frying pan, let boil for 30 minutes or until the chicken is soft and tender.
- Add the soy sauce
- Remove the cover and add the brown sugar.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice!
Hope you like it.