“Adobo” is a popular Filipino dish made from pork meat or chicken meat. This is very tasty and delicious and a perfect match to your warm rice during meal time. There are a lot of ways to cook adobo, some marinate it first with vinegar and soy sauce and other ingredients before cooking. You can even put pineapple, potato and bay leaves.
The flavor, smell and the enhanced taste of this recipe is very inviting and exciting to eat with the whole family. This recipe is different because it is not marinated and no vinegar is added compared to the usual way of cooking the adobo recipe. Olive oil was used on this recipe, it’s one of the most recognized edible oil that can give a lot of health benefits to our body.
According to “health food source”, some of the health benefits of chicken meat and olive oil are as follows:
Health benefits of chicken meat:
- It contains little fats and lots of protein, amino acids, selenium, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, magnesium.
- Contains phosphorus and calcium that keeps your bones healthy.
- Lots of trace minerals which improves immunity and etc.
Health benefits of olive oil:
- Contains large amounts of anti-oxidants, phyto-sterols and vitamins.
- It helps lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol in the blood.
- It helps to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Rich in vitamin E and Vitamin K
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg chicken meat
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp seasoning mix powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- garlic and onion
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare the needed ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a frying pan, add olive oil then saute garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken meat, black pepper, seasoning mix and water.
- Cover the frying pan and let boil for 30 minutes or until the chicken is soft and tender.
- After that pour the soy sauce and add the brown sugar.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice!
Thank you so much for reading this post! I hope you like this simple recipe. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section!
Here is a post compilation of easy recipes that you can prepare at home: Recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.