Glutinous rice is a form of sticky rice best for making delicacies for certain types of desserts or snacks. Glutinous rice are popular in Asia and already a part of culture in which rice is eaten. It is often seen during special occassions, like birthdays, anniversaries, festivals, parties and etc. for the belief that having this on the table will make the bond of the family tighter and sweeter.
The recipe includes coconut milk, you can use coconut milk powder that you can buy in groceries or supermarkets wherein you will just dissolve in a hot water, but it’s better to use the natural coconut milk that are available in the market because it’s more creamier and tastier.
This sticky rice is a carbohydrate-rich, a good source of energy and a mood booster food.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
Baking time is about 45 minutes.
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 3 cups cooconut milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Wash your hands before cooking to eliminate germs and to make the food clean.
- Prepare your materials and ingredients to save time.
- Wash the glutinous rice carefully.
- Cook the glutinous rice in a pot with 2 cups of coconut milk and 4 cups of water into low medium heat.
- Put sugar and evaporated milk, then stir continously.
- After cooking the glutinous rice, pour in the prepared baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 150’c for about 10 minutes.
- For the meantime, cook 1 cup coconut milk and 1 1/2 cup sugar in a frying pan.
- Pour the caramelized mixture on the top of the cooked glutinous rice.
- Then bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and serve!