Simple glutinous rice cake recipe
Glutinous rice is a form of sticky rice best for making delicacies for certain types of desserts or snacks.
Cooking glutinous rice recipes is a popular activity in Asia, and it’s already a part of culture and tradition for many. It is often seen during special occasions, like birthdays, anniversaries, festivals, parties, etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good for our health and can bring negative results or bad effects on our bodies. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- Wash the glutinous rice carefully.
- Cook the glutinous rice in a pot with 2 cups of coconut milk and 4 cups of water.
- Pour sugar and evaporated milk, then stir continuously.
- After cooking the glutinous rice, transfer it in the baking pan.
- Preheat the oven at 150’c for about 10 minutes.
- For the meantime, cook 1 cup coconut milk and 1 1/2 cup sugar in a frying pan.
- Pour the caramelized mixture on top of the cooked glutinous rice.
- Then bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and serve, enjoy!
Thank you for reading this post, and hope you like this simple recipe! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comment section…
Here is a post compilation of easy recipes that you can prepare at home: Baking and comfort foods (snacks, desserts, drinks).
MJMCM, RN, MANc