A cookie is a kind of baked food that is small, flat and has a sweet taste.
You can use ordinary flour or all-purpose flour in making it. It contains sugar, baking soda, baking powder, oil, margarine, or butter. It may include other ingredients like nuts, chocolate chips, oats, raisins chocolate candies/sprinkles etc.
Baking cookies is a fun activity that you can explore at home, specially if you have kids! You can involve them in baking simple recipes so that you can divert them from too much screen time. This way, you can help them to distance to situations or activities that aren’t good enough for their growth and development. Involving them in baking will enable them to figure out how to do things, and it will motivate them to learn and to seek knowledge that they can use as they grow up.
- 2 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, or you can use margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor
- Colorful nip candies for toppings
- Wash your hands before baking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Form a ball shape, then put in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c.
- Get the cookie dough in the refrigerator, then form various cookie shapes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 160’c.
- Let cool then serve, enjoy!
Thank you for reading this post, and hope you like this simple recipe! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
Here is a post compilation of easy recipes that you can prepare at home: Baking and comfort foods (snacks, desserts, drinks).
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.