A cookie is a kind of baked food that is small in size, flat in shape and has a sweet taste. You can use ordinary flour or all purpose flour, it contains sugar, baking soda, baking powder, oil, butter/margarine or fat. It may include other ingredients like nuts, chocolate chips, oats, raisins chocolate candies/sprinkles and etc.
At home, we should also involve our kids in our household activities. This will enable them to figure out how to do things, will motivate them to learn and to seek knowledge. Appreciate and recognize their little help, because this can also improve their self esteem, it will develop their coordination and creativity. Just do a recipe that is easy, fun or enjoyable for them because kids are easily distructed and bored. Activities like baking muffins or baking cookies together for example they can put toppings, whisk the ingredients or be the one to form it using cookie shaper for cookies or pour the mixture in the muffin pan for muffin recipes, but offcourse with your assistance.
Bond with your kids! It really gives a lot of learnings to them if you give them the chance to show what they can do. This are the moments that they will keep in their hearts.
So try to do this very easy cookie recipe together!
Baking time is 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter or you can use margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor
- Colorful nip candies for toppings
- Wash your hands before baking.
- Gather all your materials and ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients
- Form a ball shape then put in the refrigerator for few minutes.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c.
- Get the cookie dough in the refrigerator then form various cookie shapes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool then serve!