Get to try this recipe and make your very own homemade bread!
- 3 1/2 cups of flour +1/2 for dusting
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 piece egg yolk
- 1 cup water
- Wash your hands, prepare the needed materials and ingredients before baking to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- Combine the flour, yeast, salt, powdered milk and sugar.
- Then make a crater-like at the center of the combined ingredients.
- Add the butter, egg yolk and water.
- Then mix until you form a dough, knead the dough for a few minutes.
- Make a ball like figure then put it in a slightly greased bowl.
- Cover with clean cloth or food wrapper.
- Wait for 2 to 3 hrs, or until the dough doubled in size.
- Once it doubled in size, punch it using your clean fist to remove the air out of the dough.
- Dust with flour, then knead again for a few minutes.
- Form your desired bread shape, put it in your baking pan.
- If you want your bread to be more appealing and shinier, you can brush some egg yolk on top of the bread, you can also sprinkle sesame seeds, but this is just optional.
- Next step, cover again with a cloth for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c.
- Remove the cloth, then bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the bread cool, then serve!
Thank you for reading this post, and hope you like this simple recipe! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
Here is a post compilation of easy recipes that you can prepare at home: Baking and comfort foods (snacks, desserts, drinks).
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.