Bread is also defined as staple food, next to rice. To my opinion it’s because, bread can be eaten as an alternative to rice. You can eat this during mealtime like breakfast, paired with soup, egg, hotdog, ham, bacon, patties, you can also spread some peanut butter, cheese, chocolate etc. This can also be enjoyed with hot coffee, milk or any beverages during snack time.
You just have to store enough patience in order to make the bread successful, because it includes making the dough and kneading it and waiting for it to rise then kneading it again, forming your desired shape then bake. You will learn the process below. This is very famous food in different parts of the world. The preparation also varies depending on the culture.
Get to try this recipe and make your very own homemade bread! It will not just make your stomach satisfy but will bring self fulfillment and joy on your part.
- 3 1/2 cups of flour +1/2 for dusting
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 piece egg yolk
- 1 cup water
- Wash your hands, prepare all the needed materials and ingredients before baking to save time.
- Combine the flour, yeast, salt, powdered milk and sugar.
- Then make a crater-like at the center of the combined ingredients.
- Add the butter, egg yolk and water
- Then mix until you form a dough, knead the dough for a few minutes.
- Make a ball like figure then put it in a slightly greased bowl.
- Cover with clean cloth or food wrapper.
- Wait for 2 to 3 hrs or until the dough doubled in size.
- Once it doubled in size, punch it using your clean fist to remove the air out of the dough.
- Dust with flour then knead again for a few minutes.
- Form your desired bread shape, put it in your baking pan.
- If you want your bread to be more appealing and shinier, you can brush some egg yolk on top of the bread, you can also sprinkle sesame seeds, but this is just optional.
- Next step, cover again with a cloth for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c.
- Remove the cloth then bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The bread was already cooked if the top part was slightly brown.
- Let the bread cool, then serve!