Pancit is rich in carbohydrates and high in calorie content because it is made from rice flour, there are a lot of recipes that you can make out of it. Some recipes usually uses pork and oil which is high in fat. So try to balance the cooking with some healthy ingredients such as vegetables (carrots, string beans, cabbage, pechay, water spinach etc.) and use vegetable oil for cooking because this is heart friendly oil, it reduces the risk of heart diseases.
Stir-fry is the most common way of cooking this recipe. It is a well known Asian cuisine and was believed that pancit noodles were introduced by the Chinese people. Pancit recipes are often seen in the table during special occasions like birthdays. There is a belief that if you eat pancit during your birthday, you will be blessed with a long life. Well it is just a belief, and we must know that beliefs are not scientifically based but if it’s true, why not?
- 200 grams pancit noodles
- black pepper
- 2 to 3 tsp of seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of thinly sliced pork meat
- sliced squid balls
- 1 piece sliced hotdog
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 5 cups of water
- 3 to 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 small sliced carrots
- 3 pieces string beans (cut into small pieces)
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a low medium heat, using a pot or a frying pan, add the vegetable oil.
- Sauté garlic and onion for a few minutes then add the pork meat.
- Stir-fry until browned, then pour the water.
- Cover it to make the meat soft and tender.
- After 25 minutes, remove the cover then add the vegetables, squid balls and hotdog.
- Add 2 to 3 tsp of seasoning mix, crack one egg at the middle.
- No need to cover, cook for 10 minutes.
- Separate the soup in one small bowl.
- Cook for another 5 minutes in order for the noodle to dry up.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions on top, squeeze some calamansi.
- Serve and enjoy!