Pancit is rich in carbohydrates and high in calorie content because it is made from rice flour, there are a lot of recipes that you can make out of it. Some recipes usually uses pork and oil which is high in fat. So try to balance the cooking with some healthy ingredients such as vegetables (carrots, string beans, cabbage, petchay, water spinach and etc.) and use vegetable oil for cooking because this is heart friendly oil, it reduces the risk of heart diseases.
Stir fry is the most common way of cooking this recipe. It is a well known Asian cuisine and was believed that pancit noodles were introduced by the Chinese people. Pancit recipes are often seen in the table during special occasions like birthdays. There is a belief that if you eat pancit during your birthday, you will be bless with a long life. Well it is just a belief and we must know that beliefs are not scientifically based but if it’s true, why not?
Try this recipe and serve with your loveones during mealtime or merienda time!
- 200 grams pancit noodles
- black pepper
- 2 to 3 tsp of seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of thinly sliced pork meat
- sliced squid balls
- 1 pc sliced hotdog
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 5 cups of water
- 3 to 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 small sliced carrots
- 3 pcs string beans (cut into small pieces)
- Wash hands before cooking to eliminate germs.
- Prepare the materials and ingredients that you will be needing.
- In a low medium heat, using a pot or a frying pan, put the vegetable oil.
- Saute garlic and onion for few minutes then put the pork meat.
- Stir fry until golden brown, then put the water.
- Cover it to make the meat soft and tender.
- After 25 minutes, remove the cover then put the vegetables, squid balls and hotdog.
- Add 2 to 3 tsp of seasoning mix.
- In the middle put the egg.
- No need to cover it. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Seperate the soup in one small bowl.
- Cook for another 5 minutes in order for the noodle to dry up.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions on top, squeeze calamansi to the cooked pancit canton.
- Serve and enjoy!