Easy to cook sweet and sour recipe
This recipe is a healthy choice because it includes vegetables potato and carrot. In choosing food for our family, we should cook food that can benefit our family members’ health and specially if you have kids, of course you want them to eat the nutritious one. The way we cook and prepare them will always matter. I always include in my procedure, washing of hands before cooking so to make sure the cleanliness of the food preparation, it should not just delicious but must be safe for consumption. I used in the recipe chicken because it is easy to cook, you can also use pork, but the time of cooking is a bit longer.
According to our “Various health sources” some health benefits of the ingredients used in this recipe are as follows:
Heath benefits of potato:
- It is rich in fiber which is good in digestion.
- Contains potassium that can benefit the heart.
- Have vitamin C is which is good for tissue repair, and vitamin B6 which is beneficial to blood.
Health benefits of carrots:
- A good source of beta-carotene which is good for the eye.
- Rich in fiber which is good for digestion.
- Contains vitamin K that is good in wound healing.
- It also contains potassium which helps muscles work, and antioxidants that can delay cell damage.
I also used tomato sauce which are also a good source of fiber, antioxidants, vitamin C etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
The cooking time for this recipe is about 40 minutes.
- 1/2 kg chicken meat thigh part
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1 medium size carrot (sliced diagonally)
- 1 potato (sliced into cubes)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Wash your hands before cooking.
- Prepare the needed ingredients and materials.
- In a low medium heat, using a frying pan, add the vegetable oil then sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken meat, stir until golden brown.
- Put the seasoning mix, pepper and the salt.
- Add the water
- Then cover to make it soft and tender about 25 minutes.
- Add the veggies then cover it again to make it soft for another 10 minutes.
- Then add the tomato sauce and sugar.
- No need to cover, stir then after 5 minutes you can now serve the menu with rice, enjoy!