A muffin is a baked product. It is a cupcake-like quick bread. They are termed as quick bread because they are very easy to prepare and bake. Here’s a healthy muffin recipe you can make at home. This muffin recipe offer some health benefits in our body, and by adding vegetables in it, you can be sure to get some nutrients and not just eating a delicious snack.
It is also a good alternative to prepare specially if you have kids. We should aim as parents, to give them nutrient-rich foods for them to grow healthy. This is also a good activity for them, let them do some tasks, example allowing them to mix or whisk the ingredients, pour the ingredients, ask questions regarding baking, teaching and explaining them in the manner that they can understand, the steps and the health benefits of the food to their body etc. This can help them to learn new things and will motivate them to seek knowledge.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 medium-sized potato (shredded)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 whisked egg
- Wash your hands before baking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c
- Mix all the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, potato, corn kernels).
- Then mix the wet ingredients (condensed milk, evaporated milk, vegetable oil, margarine or butter, egg).
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together in one bowl.
- Pour the mixture in the muffin pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 150’c.
- Let cool and serve!