A muffin is a baked product. It is a cupcake-like quickbread. They are termed as quickbread because they are very easy to prepare and bake. Here’s a healthy muffin recipe you can make at home. This muffin recipe offer some health benefits in our body, by adding vegetables in it you can be sure to get some nutrients and not just eating a delicious snack.
It is also a good alternative to prepare specially if you have kids. Our aim as parents is always to give them nutrient-rich foods for them to grow healthy. This is also a good activity for them. Let them do some tasks, example allowing them to mix or whisk the ingredients, pour the ingredients, ask questions regarding baking, teaching and explaining them to the manner that they can understand the steps and the health benefits of the food to their body and etc. This can help them to learn new things and will motivate them to seek knowledge.
According to our “Various health sources” some of the health benefits of corn and potato are as follows:
Health benefits of corn
- High in nutrient value
- Good source of vitamins B1 which is used in the metabolism of carbohydrates and B5 which helps in physiological functions.
- Folate which helps in generating new cells.
- Rich in vitamin C which helps fight diseases.
- It is also high in fiber content which can help during constipation.
Health benefits of potato
- Potatoes are loaded with carbohydrates, protein, calcium, niacin and vitamin C.
- It has Anti inflammatory properties.
- It is also a fiber rich food, soft and easy to digest.
- Energy giving food
- It also contains vitamin B complex, amino acids, Omega-3 which can increase brain function.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 medium sized potato (shredded)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
Baking time is about 20 minutes
- Wash your hands before baking.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c
- For the meantime, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, potato, corn kernels).
- Then mix the wet ingredients(condensed milk, evaporated milk, vegetable oil, margarine or butter, egg).
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together in one bowl.
- Pour the mixture in the muffin pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 150’c.
- Let cool and serve!