In this recipe I used salmon head, this is very delicious. It is easy to cook and prepare, other ways of cooking this is through baking, grilling, broiling and etc. Another ingredient is the water spinach (kangkong), this is a green leafy vegetable that can also be cook in different ways, you can do sauteed water spinach, stir fry and can also be added to meat.
Let’s learn what are the health benefits of salmon and water spinach from our “Various health sources” they are as follows:
Health benefits of eating salmon:
- Contains omega-3 and high level of DHA that can benefit our brain’s capability, eating salmon can reduce the risk of depression, hostility and cognitive decline in elderly.
- Small proteins (bioactive peptides) improves bone density and strengh and an excellent source of vitamin D.
- Can decrease the risk of macular degeneration (a chronic eye condition that can lead to loss of vision).
- Source of tryptophan that can help you fall asleep.
- Can protect you from problems such as: stroke,heart problems, high blood pressure and etc.
Health benefits of eating water spinach:
- High in fiber which helps in digestion and constipation problems.
- Good source of vitamins and minerals.
- Have an antioxidant properties. Good for the skin and slows the aging process.
- Contains beta-carotene which is good for the eyes.
- Can help to lower high cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
Cooking time for this recipe is about 35 minutes
- 2 pcs salmon head cut into halves
- 1 bunch water spinach leaves
- 1tsp pepper
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp tamarind seasoning powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 cups water
- Wash your hands before cooking.
- Prepare the ingredients and materials
- In a pot, arrange the salmon head then put the garlic, onion, pepper, salt, seasoning mix, vegetable oil and the water.
- Cook for 25 minutes then add the tamarind mix powder and the water spinach.
- Let it cook for another 10 minutes
- Best to eat when warm, serve with rice!