Muffins are easy to prepare and bake that’s why it’s already one of the ideal recipe to choose from when you are in a hurry to make something for snack or dessert. Specially if you have Kids who loved to eat snacks. You can add vegetables to their favorite snacks, We all know that Kids are hard to please when eating veggies but little by little they will learn how to appreciate the importance of this, just teach them what this veggies can do to their health. You will not just serving them what they like but also giving them a nutritious food that is beneficial to their health. So try to include this carrot or squash muffin recipes to your kid’s food choices! What can you get from eating carrot and squash?
According to our “Various health sources” they are as follows:
Health benefits of carrots:
- It has anti-cancer properties
- Contains vitamin A, beta carotene, alpha carotene and lutein that are good for the eyes.
- Can prevent infection
- Has a fiber content which is good in digestion
- Contains vitamin K which is good in wound healin, potassium which can help our muscles work, and antioxidants that can delay cell damage.
Health benefits of squash:
- A good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, manganese.
- Low in calorie and a good source of complex vegetable carbohydrate and dietary fiber.
- Contains iron and beta-carotene ((the darker the skin, the higher the beta-carotene).
- Good source of folate, omega-3 fatty acids, copper and vitamin B-complex.
- Have anti-inflammatory properties and a great amount of antioxidant.
- Promotes optimal health, have a potential in cancer prevention and treatment.
- May help in blood sugar control.
- Important food to include in a heart healthy diet.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
Carrot or squash muffin recipe: The ingredients are almost the same. Just choose which vegetable you wish to add in the recipe. The procedure are just the same.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 medium sized shredded carrot but if you prefer to use squash just add 1 cup shredded squash.
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Wash your hands before baking.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c.
- Mix the dry ingredients (all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, shredded carrot or squash in one bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients (butter or margarine, condensed milk, evaporated milk, vegetable oil, egg) in another bowl.
- Then combine the mixture together.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Check if already cooked (using a clean fork) if not you can add another 5 minutes for it to bake.
- Let cool then serve!