Sweet and sour pork-pineapple recipe
It’s always a great idea to cook a meal for your family to ensure that you serve them safe and healthy food. Also, you have the control over the amount of ingredients that you’re adding to the recipe, which makes the meal good and healthy. In cooking your own food, you will not just enjoy the benefits but will also keep your body moving and will develop more skills within you. According to studies, people who loved to prepare food for themselves at home, tends to eat healthier and consume fewer calories than those who cook less and just buy ready to eat foods outside.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg of pork meat
- 1cup pineapple
- 1 medium-size carrot
- 1 medium-size potato
- 2 to 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp seasoning mix powder
- 3 cups of water
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a low medium heat, using a frying pan, add vegetable oil then sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the pork meat, stir until browned then add water, soy sauce, black pepper and the seasoning mix, then cover.
- After 30 minutes, you can now add the potato and carrots.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes before adding the tomato sauce.
- After you add the tomato sauce cover again for 15 minutes before adding the pineapple.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.