Is your child curious about almost everything? Well, it’s a good sign that your child is curious, it means that he/she is very eager to learn more things, and it’s also a good sign that he/she can achieve something in the future.
So, here are the ways on how you can help your child to learn more:
- Listen to them- active listening by us “parents”, are important to boost our child’s self-confidence, when they know that we are listening they are more willing to share many ideas that come into their mind. Sometimes because we are too busy we ignore and tell them to just continue what they are doing and ask their questions later, this is not good. Just give them a little moment to ask, give them a brief answer and tell them to wait for a while to continue your conversation because you’ll just need to finish something. We have to listen to them and give time for their curiosities for them to know that we are supportive of their interests.
- Encourage them to read- nowadays, there are many online videos for learning that are readily available on the internet. But it’s more significant and beneficial for your kids to indulge in active reading because you will be able to explore to them the physical words. We have to be aware that too much screen time can cause eye problems and other related diseases. So, we should limit them in using those gadgets.
- Be your child’s teacher at home- we usually here some sayings about “parents are the first teachers of a child”. It’s because they first learned to us simple things like talking, reading, singing, dancing, social bonding and interaction, before they go to proper school. So, we have to consider giving the best way we can when teaching them. Parents with small kids can do visual cards (identify what’s in the picture), music (sing a song then let them fill on the missing lyrics), memory games (read a simple story to them, then ask them to repeat the story).
- Praise each effort of your child- small or big achievements of your child should be praise for them to build their self-esteem and will encourage them to improve more. Be excited in actions and in words, but always be honest in your comments or suggestions because they will know and feel whether it’s genuine or not.
- Support what they loved- we have to support them on what they want to explore (but, of course, only if it is right and will lead them to a good direction). It will give them rooms to grow, to do better and to develop. It will lead them to be successful in the future.
Thank you for reading this post! If you have something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section.