Vegetables are a great source of many vitamins and minerals that are needed by our body. What is your favorite vegetable? Do you enjoy it without meat? One of my favorite vegetable is cabbage because it’s very flavorful and crunchy. There are a lot of ways in cooking this, they are great ingredient to stews, soup, recipes like stir- fried or sauteed (like the recipe in this post), can even use as a food wrapper and can be added to sandwiches and salads. Avoid to overcooked it because you might received less of the vitamins and minerals.
Below are the health benefits we can derive from eating cabbage according to our food health source.
- They are a good source of beta carotene (which is good for the eye), fiber (which aids in constipation) and it is rich in vitamin C.
- They may prevent the growth of cancers.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties which is good in wound healing.
- They are a good immune system boosters.
- Can help to treat stomach ulcers.
- Contains free radical fighting property which helps protect the skin.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup of water
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Wash your hands before cooking.
- Prepare your materials and ingredients.
- In a low medium heat using a yolk, add the vegetable oil then saute garlic and onion until golden brown.
- Add the 1/2 kg chopped cabbage, salt, seasoning mix and black pepper then stir.
- Pour 1 cup of water then cover.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Served with rice, you can also pair it with your favorite fried fish or meat.