Do you loved including veggies in your diet? Or mix it with your recipes? Nowadays, health concious people are increasing, it’s because there are a lot of diseases out there that can make your body suffer, indulging too much in unhealthy foods are one of the reason for a weak immune system. So try to balance your food intake and be mindful of the foods that you are eating, whether it will benefit you or not. Try this squash loaf bread and add it in your healthy food choice.
A recipe like this, filled with vegetable ingredient will not only make your stomach satisfy and full but will also benefit your body. So bake it now and enjoy with your favorite drink or beverage. Before going to the recipe, let me share some of the health benefits you can get from eating this delicious and tasty squash.
According to our health food source squash are:
- A good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and manganese.
- Low in calorie and a good source of complex vegetable carbohydrate and dietary fiber.
- Contains iron and beta-carotene (the darker the skin, the higher the beta-carotene).
- Good source of folate, omega-3 fatty acids, copper and vitamin B-complex.
- Have anti-inflammatory properties and contains a great amount of antioxidant.
- Promotes optimal health, have a potential in cancer prevention and treatment.
- May help in blood sugar control.
- Important food to include in a heart healthy diet.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded squash
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- Wash your hands before baking.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl (all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar).
- Then mix the wet ingredients in another bowl (condensed milk, evaporated milk or buttermilk, margarine, hot water, vegetable oil,egg and shredded squash).
- Combine the mixtures altogether.
- Pour in the loaf baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool then serve!