What will be the taste of a combined vegetable and fruit quickbread? All the goodness of a healthy snack is already within this quickbread. Imagine eating a fruit salad while biting it in a bread. It has a unique taste, delicious and refreshing. The combination of carrot and mixed fruits are a good choice in making quickbread. I always loved to balance my baking with healthy ingredients to sustain and promote a healthier body. Mixed fruits and vegetables are rich in different vitamins and minerals which are essential in our body. They are also a fiber rich food and contain a lot of antioxidants. They can also reduce a person’s risk for a lot of diseases like inflammation, cancers, heart diseases, constipation or problems in digestion and etc. But of course there will always be a limitation on indulging any kind of food. Read my note below…
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup fruit cocktail
- 1 medium sized carrot (shredded)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Shredded cheese (for toppings)
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- Make sure to wash your hands before baking.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c while combining all the ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients first ( all purpose flour, sugar, shredded carrot, 1/2 cup mixed fruits).
- Then add the wet ingredients (vegetable oil, evaporated milk, condensed milk, warm water and eggs).
- Pour in the baking pan, add the other 1 cup of mixed fruits on top of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- After baking put some shredded cheese on top.
- Let it cool then serve!