Do you loved eating fish? What kind of recipe do you prefer? Are you the one who prefer it to be cooked as broiled, baked or braised, etc? leaving the idea to fry it because of the fear of oil splattering to your skin? The secret in avoiding oil splatters in frying is to coat flour into it, the flour together with the mixed ingredients absorbs the moist on the fish making it dry and prevent oil splattering when cooking, also make sure that your cooking oil is already hot when putting the fish, it will also prevent it from sticking into the pan.
Tilapia/tilapias are a good choice, depending where it was produced or catched. Choose to buy those naturally produced ones, those who doesn’t have any preservatives and those who are freshly catch from unpolluted bodies of water.
Tilapia/tilapias are freshwater fish, they are often found in ponds, shallow streams and lakes. This is one of the fish-breeders’ choice because they are easily taken care of, a side hobby and a good source of income. You can see abundant of this in markets or supermarkets, they are relatively cheaper compared to other kinds of fish. They are low in saturated fats, calories, carbohydrates and sodium. According to our health food source some of the health benefits of tilapia are the following:
- A good protein source, necessary in building muscles.
- Rich in nutrients such as vitamin B12, potassium, phosphate, niacin and selenium.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 2 pcs of tilapia/tilapias
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- Cooking oil (this recipe used canola oil for frying)
- You can use two pieces of tilapia fish- you may want to buy readily scaled fish at the market.
- Gently rub the fish with salt, then wash it again.
- Make sure to drain excess water that accumulated in the fish body.
- In a clean bowl, mix 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of seasoning mix and 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Rub it into the fish body. You may want to put some on the inside of the fish.
- In a medium heat, add 1/2 cup of cooking oil into the frying pan.
- Make sure to cook both sides properly.
- Enjoy with rice!