There are a lot of recipe options that you can choose on how to cook this long, green, crunchy, watery and savory vegetable, called “string beans”. It can be sauteed, stir-fried, can be added to a broth or other meat recipes. Usually they use pork to pair with string beans, but to make it a little different this recipe used chicken meat. The taste is very good and palatable.
According to our health food source some of the health benefits of stringbeans and chicken meat are as follows:
- Contains vitamin K that is good in wound healing.
- Loaded with vitamin A- a powerful antioxidant which protects us against high cholesterol levels, heart diseases and cancer.
- Contains manganese, iron, potassium, folate, calcium, magnesium and thiamine.
- They may regulate blood sugar levels.
- Rich in vitamin C
- Delays premature aging (dry skin, dull skin, wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines and etc.).
- Contains dietary fiber which is beneficial for those who are suffering from constipation.
- It contains little fats and lots of protein, amino acids, selenium, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, magnesium.
- Contains phosphorus and calcium that keeps your bones healthy.
- Lots of trace minerals which improves immunity and etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 10 pcs. stringbeans (cut into 2 inches long)
- 1/4 kg chicken meat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- Wash your hands before cooking.
- Prepare your ingredients and cooking materials.
- Heat the pot then add the vegetable oil.
- Saute garlic and onion then add the chicken meat, stir.
- Add the salt, pepper, seasoning mix and water.
- Let it boil for 20 minutes, then add the stringbeans.
- Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice, enjoy!