This meaty-eggplant recipe offers a unique taste, the combination of minced meat and bit slices of eggplant dipped with this creamy sauce is a perfect match to your warm rice. Although eggplants has a bitter-like raw taste, when cooked it will offer a delicious treat to your taste buds. Some recipes that you can do to eggplants are frying, stewing, omelette, grilling, adobo, saute and they are also a good choice to add in pizza recipes and etc.
Eggplants also offer health benefits, according to our health food source:
- They are rich in fiber, which are good in protecting our digestive tract. They help in preventing colon cancer.
- Low in calories and no fat content
- Contains certain essential phyto nutrients which improve blood circulation and can nourish the brain.
- Because they are lower in cholesterol, they have a good role in heart care.
- Contains high fiber and low soluble carbohydrates-content which is beneficial in controlling and managing diabetes.
- Prevents blood clots, because of the vitamin k and bioflavonoids which strengthen the capillaries.
- Because of the high bioflavonoids content, they are known to control blood pressure and relieve stress.
Choose lean pork minced meat to add in the recipe, to avoid too much fats, pork meats also offers some health benefits:
- They are rich source of many different vitamins and minerals that is good for the health.
- High in protein and it also includes iron, zinc, selenium and phosphorus.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/4 kg minced pork
- 1 large eggplant (sliced into small pieces)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- Cooking oil (this recipe used canola oil for frying)
- Wash your hands before cooking to make sure a clean and safe food preparation.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials to save time.
- In a bowl just mix all the ingredients.
- In a medium heat, add cooking oil into the frying pan.
- Make sure it’s already hot before frying to avoid sticking into the pan.
- Fry both sides carefully.
For the creamy sauce:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup (tomato sauce)
- Add some shredded cheese (optional)
- Mix using a spoon