This dessert is very refreshing with the cool bites of corn bits and the natural sweetness of the honey will surely be your next recipe option for your favorite dessert or refreshment. Like rice, corn can also be considered as one of the staple food, the dried corn kernels can be milled to make it fine and can cook like rice. The popular popcorn that is eaten during cinema hours are made from corn, they can also be added to soup or broth recipes, they can also be a good ingredient to various kinds of delicacies and etc. This recipe is very easy to prepare, you only need three ingredients. Let’s take a look of what this ingredients (corn, milk and honey) can give to our body according to our health food source.
Health benefits of corn:
- Corn are high in fiber, it promotes good digestion and can help during constipation.
- It also contains essential B vitamins, which are important in our body.
- Can provide minerals such as zinc, magnesium, copper, iron and manganese.
- Corn is a good source of antioxidants
- Rich in carotenoids and lutein, which promote eye health.
Health benefits of honey:
- Contains antioxidants which helps reduce the risk of certain types of cancers and heart diseases.
- May help in ulcer treatment
- Can help in treating cough
- It has an antibacterial properties, and can help in wound healing.
- Can use as an ingredient to moisturize and nourish the skin.
Milk also contains good amount of calcium that can make our bones healthy and strong. Also contains potassium, vitamin B12, vitamin D and protein.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 cup corn kernels (boiled/cooked if using fresh fruit) but you can use canned corn kernels instead, just wash it with clean water.
- 1/2 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- Just mix corn kernels and evaporated milk.
- Put in the freezer for few hours.
- After that put honey on top and mix.
- Enjoy your refreshment!