This bread recipe is sweet, cheesy and milky, it’s a good snack that you can pair with your favorite hot beverages like choco, milk or light coffee during your rest hours. Back when I was a little girl this is one of the bread recipe that is very familiar to me and is one of my favorite bread to indulge during snack time. The addition of margarine, sugar, milk and the cheese makes me love this ensymada more. Few years ago, the shape of the ensymada is a handspan, circular and spiral. Through the years it have already evolved like other things around us, it came into a smaller version, to cuter one, to more artistic and delicious one. Sometimes they also put some stuffing inside it like ube, peanut, cream, chocolate and etc.
This ensymada is rich in carbohydrates because of the flour, rich in calcium and protein through the help of cheese, egg and milk. It’s a mouth and stomach satisfying food.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 3 tbsp canola oil (or any vegetable oil can do)
- 1 whole egg (whisked)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Prior to baking you need to wash your hands to eliminate harmful microorganisms.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c.
- First you have to prepare your dough. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar,yeast and powdered milk.
- Then add the margarine, cooking oil, whisked egg and warm water.
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Knead the dough and leave it to the bowl with cover for an hour, or until it rise.
- After that knead it again, you can use 1/4 cup of flour for dusting.
- Then divide it into 6 pcs, make a circular shape then put it in a muffin pan.
- Let the dough settle for few minutes or wait for it to rise again, then bake it to the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 150’c.
- Spread margarine on top of the bread, sprinkle white sugar and grated cheese.
- Serve! Enjoy…