This bread recipe is sweet, cheesy and milky, it’s a good snack that you can pair with your favorite hot beverage like choco, milk or light coffee during your rest hours. The addition of margarine, sugar, milk and the cheese makes me love this ensymada very much! Years ago, the shape of the ensymada is a hand span, circular and spiral, and as time goes by, it also evolved like other things around us. Today, there are already smaller version, cuter, artistic and flavored ensymada! Sometimes they also put some filling inside it, like ube, peanut, cream, chocolate etc. This ensymada recipe is rich in carbohydrates, calcium and protein.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 3 tbsp canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 whole egg (whisked)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c.
- First you have to prepare your dough. In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, sugar, yeast and powdered milk.
- Then add the margarine, cooking oil, whisked egg and warm water.
- Combine all the ingredients, knead the dough and put in a clean bowl, cover the dough for an hour.
- After that knead it again, you can use 1/4 cup of flour for dusting.
- Then divide it into 6 pieces, make a circular shape then put it in a muffin pan.
- Let the dough rest for a few minutes, then bake it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 150’c.
- Spread margarine on top of the bread, sprinkle white sugar and grated cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE