Savory chicken broth or tinolang manok
How do you like a tasty broth coming from chicken meat filled with papaya nutrients together with the chili leaves? This recipe is also known as tinolang manok, the chilly leaves that was used in this recipe are not spicy, though it carries the word on it. It’s very delicious and tasty, packed with a lot of essential nutrients that our body needs, the broth that came from the chicken meat will truly energize your body. Green papayas are a good meat tenderizers. According to what I’ve read they should not be eaten raw they must be cooked because of the enzyme papain present in papaya, it is said to be a potential allergen, but I think with proper food preparation and moderate consumption there should be no problem, as some countries are using it as an ingredient to some dish. Green papayas are very beneficial if cooked properly, and can also be a great ingredient to different kind of dishes.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg chicken meat
- 1 medium-sized green papaya (sliced diagonally)
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 2 tsp iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cooking oil, just the right amount to sauté the ingredients.
- 5 cups water
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add the cooking oil and sauté garlic, onion and ginger add the chicken meat, stir until browned.
- Add the iodized salt, black pepper, seasoning mix and water.
- Cover the pot for 20 minutes and after that, add the peeled and sliced papaya (be sure to remove the seeds and the white cotton-like inside it where the seeds attached).
- Cover for 10 minutes, then add the chili leaves, simmer for less than a minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE