Have you tried eating banana blossom already? If you love eating banana fruit, you may want to consider also it’s banana blossom. It can also offer a lot of recipe options to fit your taste buds. It has a unique taste, and it’s another good recipe that you can include in your table during mealtime. Banana blossoms are rich in fiber that are helpful during digestion and can aid constipation, rich in potassium, antioxidants and other nutrients that our body will benefit. It’s also a good ingredient to recipes like curry, stewed, recipes with coconut milk, sautéed, fritters etc. Banana blossom adobo, used just a small amount of soy sauce and vinegar, it is best to add a small amount of vinegar into it in order to balance the taste of the soy sauce.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 large banana blossom
- 5 cups of water (to boil the banana blossom)
- 2 to 3 tbsp of cooking oil
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Remove the hard stick-like or what they call the pistil and the oval shaped or the calyx inside each piece.
- When you reach the softest portion, you can already slice it.
- In a pot, pour 5 cups of water then bring to boil, let boil until slightly soften. Drain the banana blossom.
- In a medium heat, sauté garlic and onion until browned.
- Add the banana blossom, seasoning mix, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar and water.
- Cover for 5 minutes, after that remove the cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- That’s it! Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE