Have you tried eating banana blossom already? If you love eating banana fruit, you may want to consider also it’s banana blossom, take a look at the photo below on how to clean it. It can also offer a lot of recipe options to fit your taste buds. It has a unique taste and it’s another good recipe that you can include in your table during meal. Banana blossoms are rich in fiber that are helpful during digestion and can aid constipation, they are rich in potassium, antioxidants and other nutrients that our body will benefit. They are also a good ingredient to recipes like curry, stewed, recipes with coconut milk, sauteed, fritters and etc. This recipe is called banana blossom-adobo, it used just a small amount of soy sauce and vinegar, it is best to add a small amount of vinegar into it in order to balance the taste of the soy sauce.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 large banana blossom
- 5 cups of water (to boil the banana blossom)
- 2 to 3 tbsp of cooking oil
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash your hands before cooking.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Prepare your banana blossom, remove the hard stick-like or what they call the pistil and the oval shaped or the calyx inside each piece.
- When you reach the softest portion, you can already slice it.
- In a pot, pour 5 cups of water then bring to boil.Allow it to boil up to 15 minutes.
After that drain the banana blossom.
Now, prepare your pan. In a medium heat, saute garlic and onion until browned.
Add the banana blossom, seasoning mix, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar and water.
Cover for 5 minutes, then remove the cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- That’s it, you can now serve it with your rice. Enjoy!