Have you tried eating banana blossom already? If you love eating banana fruit, you may also want to consider its banana blossom.
It can offer many recipe options to fit your taste buds. It has a unique taste, and it’s a good idea to include in your recipes. Banana blossoms are rich in fiber that are helpful during digestion and can aid constipation, rich in potassium, antioxidants and other nutrients that our body will benefit. It’s also a good ingredient to recipes like curry, stewed, recipes with coconut milk, sautéed, fritters etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 large banana blossom
- 5 cups of water (to boil the banana blossom)
- 2 to 3 tbsp of cooking oil
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Remove the hard stick-like or what they call the pistil and the oval shaped or the calyx inside each piece.
- When you reach the softest portion, you can already slice it.
- In a pot, pour 5 cups of water then bring to boil, let boil until slightly soften. Drain the banana blossom.
- In a medium heat, sauté garlic and onion until browned.
- Add the banana blossom, seasoning mix, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, and water.
- Cover for 5 minutes, after that remove the cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- That’s it! Serve and enjoy!
Thank you for reading this post, and hope you like this simple recipe! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
Here is a post compilation of easy recipes that you can prepare at home: Recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.