Moving the whole day with our duties and responsibilities was really tiring. Our whole body really needs to catch up with energy loss after long hours of standing, walking, sitting or moving around, why not treat yourself with this glutinous rice cake, this is a carbohydrate-rich food so it can boost your energy, the cheese on top of it together with the milk are good sources of calcium and protein and the calming effect of honey will surely benefit your body. It is a sticky form of delicacy and a good dessert or snack, some people usually have it on the table during special occasions or celebrations because some beliefs are still existing even today that if you have this on the table will tighten the relationship of the people around because it’s sticky, and will also make the relationship of the family and people around to be sweeter, because it is sweet. Whatever they believed, we as humans need to respect each other.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 2 1/4 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil (this recipe used canola oil)
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- Grated cheese for toppings
- Wash your hands before baking
- Prepare your ingredients and materials
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c
- Combine the dry ingredients (glutinous flour and brown sugar) mix, then add the wet ingredients (cooking oil, margarine, coconut milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk).
- Pour in your baking pan, bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 160’c.
- After that remove from the oven, if it’s puffy just remove the air by poking it with fork.
- Pour the honey on top and spread it using spoon, then bring it back to the oven and let it bake for another 5 minutes.
- After that put some grated cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy!