Do you love including fish on your weekly dishes? Eating good amount of fish or including it in your diet is a good action to take because fish/fishes also contains a lot of essential nutrients that can nourish your body. They are also very flexible to include in other recipes together with various kinds of vegetables. Try this recipe which includes milkfish and black beans. This recipe is best to pair with your plain or fried rice. According to our health food source:
- a good source of vitamin B6 calcium and phosphorus which are good for the bones and also contains selenium, protein, niacin and vitamin B12.
- are high in fiber, folate, protein and antioxidants, the high quantity of protein and fiber promotes good digestion, it can also regulate blood sugar levels, it lowers blood cholesterol levels, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, high in folate and magnesium, can reduce risk for certain types of cancers, contains folate and vitamin B6 which are good in nervous system health.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 large milk fish (this recipe used the milkfish’ body)
- Black beans 100 grams (use the unsalted one)
- Cooking oil (or you may want to use vegetable oil)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Wash your hands and prepare your materials and ingredients before cooking.
- Using a frying pan, add the cooking oil, make sure to put the fish when it’s already hot to prevent it from sticking into your pan (if you are afraid of oil splattering while frying, you may want to coat it with flour), fry both sides of the milk fish until browned.
- Remove from the pan, saute ginger, garlic and onion from the same pan.
- Pour 2 cups of water then add the black beans, black pepper and soy sauce.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your warm rice! Enjoy…