Each day we should fill our mind and heart with positive thoughts and actions that would encourage us to do more out of life, and one way to get into this is to do activities that will lift our mood, and personally, one way for me to lift my mood is to bake! This morning I came out with this wonderful bread recipe. This recipe has a crunchy outer layer after baking but soft and cheesy inside. It also has the right amount of sweetness that you will desire. Bread-cheese pockets are rich in carbohydrates, calcium and protein that will energize and move your muscles on the go. It also contains milk and egg yolk that makes it creamier.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + another 1/4 cup of it (set aside) you will use it for dusting later).
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp powdered milk
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g cheese (sliced)
- Wash your hands before baking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Preheat the oven at 150’c for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, sugar, milk, yeast and salt) and wet ingredients (vegetable oil, margarine, water and egg yolk).
- Gently combine them altogether, then knead the dough, cover it with a food wrapper and let it rise for a few hours.
- Remove air into the dough, then dust it with 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour then knead it again.
- Flatten the dough and arrange the cheese slices on 3 horizontal lines.
- Roll the dough, then cut it into 8 pieces, arrange it into your baking pan then let it rise for an hour.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes at 150’c.
- Let cool and serve, enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE