It’s a beautiful day! the sun is rising up there giving those plants, people and animals with warmth outside and it also means that it’s already time to cook again another recipe. When you are looking for something to prepare today don’t hesitate to try this sauteed tomatoes with fried fish. This recipe used meaty part of the fish, the body and tail of tilapia. You can also use other meaty fish like milkfish, salmon and etc. The addition of tomatoes really makes it more savory. Here are some health benefits we can get from fish and tomatoes according to our health food source.
Health benefits of tilapia fish:
- A good protein source, necessary in building muscles.
- Rich in nutrients such as vitamin B12, potassium, phosphate, niacin and selenium.
Health benefits of tomatoes:
- It can help in achieving a healthy hair, skin, bones, teeth and eyes and resistance to respiratory infections.
- Contains good amount of vitamin C which helps in wound healing and may help to slow aging.
- It can decrease blood cholesterol levels and can help in prevention of infections.
- Packed with antioxidants
- Low in sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol.
- Good source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C and K, potassium and manganese.
- Also contains vitamins E, B, folate, magnesium, phosphorus and Copper
- 5 pcs fish tail or body
- 6 pcs tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Cooking oil (this recipe used canola oil)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour + a pinch of salt
- Wash your hands before cooking.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a bowl mix 1/4 cup of all purpose flour and a pinch of salt then mix.
- Coat the fish skin with the flour and salt.
- In a frying pan pour the cooking oil then fry the fish, make sure both sides are cooked.
- After frying remove the fried fish.
- Using the same pan, saute garlic, onion and ginger then add the tomatoes, salt, seasoning mix and black pepper.
- Stir and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes on top of the fish.
- Serve with your warm rice, enjoy!