Banana blossom in coconut milk
This is another recipe I did with banana blossom, the last time it’s in the form of adobo (something cooked with soy sauce, banana blossom adobo recipe). It only means that banana blossoms are very flexible as an ingredient to different kind of recipes too.
Banana blossoms are rich in fiber, making it a good food to aid in constipation and to promote good digestion. It is also rich in potassium that is good at regulating fluid balance in our body, helps in muscle contractions and nerve signals and antioxidants that can prevent or slow damage to cells caused by free radicals.
This recipe also used coconut milk which contains antioxidants and offers a lot of health benefits like it can improve digestion, can help you fight infections, increase metabolism and a lot more. It’s really a superb recipe that offers a substantial amount of health benefits.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 large banana blossom
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- Cooking oil
- Wash your hands before cooking.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Remove the hard stick-like or what they call the pistil and the oval shaped or the calyx inside each piece, when you reach the softest portion you can now slice it into small pieces.
- Put the cleaned banana blossom in a pot with water and bring it to boil.
- After boiling, you need to drain it to remove the water.
- In a medium heat using a frying pan, add cooking oil and sauté garlic and onion until browned.
- Add the banana blossom, coconut milk, iodized salt, black pepper and seasoning mix.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you for reading this post, and hope you like this simple recipe! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
Here is a post compilation of easy recipes that you can prepare at home: Recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.