This recipe is a good choice to pair with your rice during mealtime and specially when the weather is cold. The starchy components of this recipe is very delicious. It is made possible by the taro, the meaty pork meat and the tasty watery cabbage, it’s truly a good recipe idea to make. This flavorful recipe offers a lot of health benefits we can derive from the ingredients. According to our health food source:
Taro is a kind of root crop vegetable, rich in fiber and it contains good levels of some B vitamins, good in eye health and can benefit our skin. The meaty part of pork are high in protein and it also includes iron, zinc, selenium and phosphorus, it builds up our muscles and contains essential vitamins and minerals that is good for the health. Lastly, the cabbage is a good source of beta carotene, vitamin C and fiber, it is also good for cancer prevention, it have anti-inflammatory properties, it can treat stomach ulcers and can boost our immune system.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg pork meat
- Small sized cabbage
- 2 medium sized taro
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp seasoning mix
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 cups of water
- Wash your hands before cooking.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add vegetable oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add the pork meat, salt, pepper, and seasoning mix. Stir until slightly browned in color.
- Add water then cover for 20 minutes, after that add the taro then cover again for 10 minutes.
- Now, add the cabbage and then cover and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Best to serve with warm rice!