Maiden farm fish has a red body that brings them a beautiful appearance and feminine look, this got my attention and interest to cook a recipe out of them. According to my research, these are the Caesio cuning, commonly known as the red belly fish or maiden farm fish, it’s a native fish to the Indian and Western Pacific Ocean. Aside from its color, the fish can also be easily distinguished with its body shape and protruded mouth that they easily used to get some food. They are meaty too and has a good taste when cooked just like the tilapia. Unlike other meaty fish they have more fine-small bones on their sides, but still manageable because you can easily remove them while eating. The addition of some tomatoes and water spinach makes this recipe an ideal one to prepare for your family.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 4 pieces maiden farm fish
- 1 bunch of water spinach
- Cooking oil (vegetable oil)
- 4 pieces tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add cooking oil then sauté garlic and onion until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, iodized salt, seasoning mix and black pepper then stir, gently put the fish on the pot, add water then cover for 15 minutes.
- After that add the water spinach then cover again, let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE