Maiden farm fish has red body that brings them a beautiful appearance and feminine look, this got my attention and interest to cook a recipe out of them. These will surely be added in our random weekly fish recipes at home! According to my research, these are the Caesio cuning, commonly known as the redbelly fish or maiden farm fish, it’s a native fish to the Indian and Western Pacific Ocean. Aside from its color, the fish can also be easily distinguished with its body shape and protruded mouth that they easily use to get some food. They are meaty too and has a good taste when cooked just like the tilapia. Unlike other meaty fish they have more fine-small bones on their sides, but still manageable because you can easily remove them while eating. Fishes are rich in protein which are essential for the bones and muscles. The addition of some tomatoes and water spinach makes this recipe an ideal one to prepare for your family.
Their uncooked appearance
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 4 pcs maiden farm fish
- 1 bunch of water spinach
- Cooking oil (vegetable oil)
- 4 pcs tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add cooking oil then saute garlic and onion until browned in color.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, seasoning mix and black pepper then stir, gently put the fishes on the pot, add water then cover for 15 minutes.
- After that add the water spinach then cover again, let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm rice…enjoy!