Do you really prepared the food clean and safe to eat? Foods are said to be as the fuel of a human body in order to make its daily function and activities. We have to eat nutritious food because they are essential in bringing natural vitamins and minerals that are needed in order for our body to gain energy and immunity as we go all day long, but we also have to make sure that our food preparation and cooking is done well.
There are a lot of cooking methods out there like baking, frying, broiling, stewing, braising, simmering, roasting, grilling, frying and etc. Cooking methods depends on what the recipe need, but whatever you are about to prepare make sure to consider these tips below about food preparation and cooking:
- Cleanliness- to start with a healthy food preparation, always wash carefully your ingredients such as vegetables, fruits, fish, meat products and etc.
- Wash your hands to eliminate germs and harmful microorganisms before cooking.
- Buy fresh ingredients or food products- because they contains good amount of health benefits compared to those stored in the refrigerator for a few days or a long time already.
- Know your ingredients- What are the nutrients you can get from it?
- Follow your recipe- to achieve the desired recipe outcome, do not be in a hurry in cooking your recipe.
- Read food labels and consider to use those with health benefits on it (ex. cooking oil (you may want to consider vegetable oil and other types of healthy oil), salt (you may want to consider iodized salt) and you may also want to consider those organically made products.
- Enjoy and be happy while cooking- some says that if you are happy or enjoying while cooking you can get a good result or outcome of the recipe. It will also lessen your stress points, we all know that cooking in the kitchen have a lot of things that you have to do, from cleaning the ingredients, to cooking, washing of the dishes and serving the food.
- Serve food with an art- to make the food more enjoyable to eat you may want to serve it in a nice bowl or plate with your creative touch.
A good note to remember: “Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food”.