What is your favorite recipe during mealtime? Do you love to eat adobo recipes? Chicken meat are very suitable in making adobo recipe because they are very lean, has little amount of fats and contains lots of protein, they are also rich in phosphorus and calcium that keeps your bones healthy and strong, it also contains lots of trace minerals which improves immunity and a lot more. The added potatoes in this recipe are loaded with carbohydrates that are considered energy giving food, they contains vitamin C and it has anti inflammatory properties and it’s also a fiber rich food.
For me chicken adobo is one of my top choice from childhood until now, this recipe will always be one of my favorite dish to pair with warm rice or fried rice.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg chicken meat
- 2 pcs medium sized potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a frying pan, saute garlic and onion then add the chicken meat, stir for few minutes.
- Pour the water then add the salt, pepper, seasoning mix, brown sugar and the soy sauce. Cover for 20 minutes
- After that you can now add the potatoes, cover it again for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. If you’re new to our blog here’s a video-slide presenting a small summary of what it’s all about. It’s a pleasure to connect and share something with you