Delightful sticky rice and sweet potatoes
This recipe is very easy to make, and it’s a good choice to prepare during snack time! It was made using sticky rice that is usually used for preparing or making certain types of delicacies. Glutinous rice are popular in Asia and already a part of culture and tradition. It is often seen during special occasions, like birthdays, anniversaries, festivals, parties etc. for the belief that having this on the table will make the bond of the family tighter and sweeter. This recipe includes pure coconut milk that is responsible for its creamier and tastier flavor.
The combination of sticky rice and sweet potatoes made this recipe a good source of energy because they are both carbohydrate-rich. The coconut milk contains a good amount of antioxidants and also offers a lot of health benefits in our body.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 2 cup glutinous rice (sticky rice)
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (sliced into small cubes)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pure coconut milk
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 condensed milk
- 1/4 sugar
- Grated cheese
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare the ingredients and materials in order to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a medium heat using a pot, pour the water and add the washed glutinous rice, cook for 10 minutes.
- After that add the sweet potatoes, cover for 5 minutes.
- Then add the sugar, salt, condensed milk and the coconut milk. No need to cover, just stir it continuously then sprinkle the flour, let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Top it with grated cheese
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE