How to make a yema coconut bread filling
This yema coconut filling has a sweet and milky taste compatible with any bread recipe. You just have to be patient while cooking this because it requires you to keep stirring the mixture for it not to burn and to achieve a good result. It was cooked to medium heat and then set to low medium heat when the mixture is already starting to solidify. This recipe has a special taste brought by pure coconut milk. The addition of milk, egg, and margarine to this recipe helped make this yema coconut filling achieve its unique taste.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good for our health and can bring negative results or bad effects on our bodies. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tbsp of water)
- Wash your hands before cooking in order to eliminate harmful microorganisms that would come in contact with your food preparation.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials that are needed in cooking.
- In a bowl mix the coconut milk and the condensed milk.
- In a medium heat using a frying pan, add margarine then add the mixture, let it boil for about 10 minutes then set it to a low medium heat to avoid the mixture getting burn.
- After that add the whisked egg, just continue stirring it in a circular direction for 10 minutes, then add the dissolved cornstarch.
- Stir until you already achieved the desired thickness, it may take up to 5 minutes more.
You can pair this to bread recipes that are already baked, and you can also add this as stuffing to bread dough that you will about to bake. You can transfer it to a clean container after cooling, it can last up to 3 days or more when refrigerated.
1 thought on “How to make a yema coconut bread filling”
[…] How to make a yema coconut bread filling that was used in this […]