Squash bread stuffed with yema coconut filling
It’s a good idea to add some vegetables to our baked goods, it will not only make the bread delicious but will make it a healthier option to eat during your snack time. This recipe is rich in essential healthy nutrients that our body needs, like vitamins and minerals, carbohydrates, fiber, iron, beta-carotene, etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good for our health and can bring negative results or bad effects on our bodies. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
Read: How to make a yema coconut bread filling that was used in this recipe.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour + 1 cup for dusting (set aside)
- 2 cups shredded squash
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (this recipe used canola oil)
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 egg (whisked)
- A pinch of salt
- Wash your hands before baking and gather your ingredients and materials.
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, shredded squash, brown sugar, yeast, powdered milk, and a pinch of salt) then add the wet ingredients (vegetable oil, margarine, and whisked egg).
- Combine thoroughly then cover using a food wrapper, and let it rest for 3 hrs.
- Use the all-purpose flour that you set aside a while ago for dusting the dough then knead it.
- Divide the dough up to 25 pieces then flatten each dough, and put 1 tbsp of yema coconut filling in each piece.
- Get the 4 sides of the dough to meet at the center to make a round shape.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c.
- After stuffing all the dough pieces, let it rest again for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes at 150’c.
- Let cool and serve… Enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient alternatives.
You may also want to read this post compilation: Baking and comfort foods (snacks, desserts, drinks).
Thank you for reading this post, and hope you like this simple recipe! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comment section…