It’s a good idea to add some vegetables in our baked goods, it will not only make the bread delicious but will make it a healthier option to eat during your snack time. This recipe is rich in essential health nutrients that our body needs, like vitamins and minerals, carbohydrates, fiber, iron, beta-carotene etc.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
Read: How to make a yema coconut bread filling that was used in this recipe.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour + 1 cup for dusting (set aside)
- 2 cups shredded squash
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (this recipe used canola oil)
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 egg (whisked)
- A pinch of salt
- Wash your hands before baking and gather your ingredients and materials.
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, shredded squash, brown sugar, yeast, powdered milk and a pinch of salt) then add the wet ingredients (vegetable oil, margarine and whisked egg).
- Combine thoroughly then cover using a food wrapper, let it rest for 3 hrs.
- Use the all-purpose flour that you set aside a while ago for dusting the dough then knead it.
- Divide the dough up to 25 pieces then flatten each dough, put 1 tbsp of yema coconut filling in each piece.
- Get the 4 sides of the dough to meet at the center to make a round shape.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c.
- After stuffing all the dough pieces, let it rest again for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes at 150’c.
- Let cool and serve… Enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE
Please like/follow our FB page, link embedded to the logo below.