Do you like to eat bitter melon or bitter gourd? Included in this post are the health benefits of it and why we should include this vegetable in our diet. It is also known as ampalaya. Most people find it hard to eat this vegetable because from the name itself it really has a bitter taste. This bitter, crunchy and watery vegetable is edible and has a lot of heath benefits to offer. Bitter melons come in different varieties, color, shape and bitterness. They are widely known as good food for diabetic people, especially the juice that extracted from the fruit. According to our health food source:
- Contain vitamins A, B1, B2 and vitamin C.
- Helps prevent type 2 diabetes by increasing the insulin sensitivity thus lowering elevated blood sugar levels.
- Contains minerals like calcium, phosphorus, iron, copper and potassium.
- It helps purify blood tissue, enhances digestion and stimulates the liver.
This recipe is also rich in protein derived from the pork meat slices. The addition of brown sugar on it helped to balance the bitterness and makes the recipe very tasty and palatable when paired with warm rice.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 cup lean pork meat slices
- 2 pieces medium-sized bitter melon
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a frying pan, sauté garlic and onion and add the pork meat slices, and stir until browned.
- Then add the seasoning mix, black pepper, water and soy sauce.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, after that add the bitter melon and the brown sugar.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading this post! You may also want to read this post compilation: Pork meat with vegetable recipes
Feel free to visit: