Make something new from your milkfish recipe today! This recipe is very common in some parts of Asia. Milkfish are not just good as pan fried, but they are also good in different kinds of recipes. We are starting to love the idea of more fish and veggies in our diet at home because they can offer a lot of health nutrients that are essential to our body. Milkfish are a good sources of vitamin B6, calcium and phosphorus which are good for the bones and also contains selenium, protein, niacin and vitamin B12. Vegetables specially those that are green leafy ones are nutrient-rich food and are tummy friendly as they are rich in fibers.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 large milkfish
- 1 bunch water spinach
- 2 pieces tomatoes (cut into cubes)
- 2 pieces green chilies (don’t cut the chilies, just put as a whole to avoid making the recipe spicy, our goal in putting this is just to add aroma to the recipe)
- 5 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp iodized salt
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add vegetable oil then sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the tomatoes then stir, pour the needed water, then add the iodized salt, seasoning mix, black pepper and the tamarind mix powder, or you can use fresh tamarind fruit if available.
- Let boil for 5 minutes before putting the milkfish slices and the green chilies.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then add the water spinach, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞