Make something new from your milkfish recipe today! This recipe is very common in some parts of Asia. Milkfish are not just good as pan fried but they are also good in different kinds of recipes. We are starting to love the idea of more fish and veggies in our diet at home because they can offer more health nutrients to our body. Milkfish are a good source of vitamin B6, calcium and phosphorus which are good for the bones and also contains selenium, protein, niacin and vitamin B12. Vegetables specially those that are green leafy ones are nutrient-rich food source and are tummy friendly as they are rich in fibers helping us to avoid stomach problems such as constipation and problems in defacation or passing of body’s waste products, but off course always note not to indulge too much as it will cause for an opposite result such as diarrhea and stomach gas. Always make a balanced diet meal wherein carbohydrates and protein-rich foods are included. Vegetables are also rich in antioxidants and have lots of vitamins and minerals on it.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 large milkfish
- 1 bunch water spinach
- 2 pcs tomatoes (cut into cubes)
- 2 pcs green chillies (don’t cut the chillies, just put as a whole to avoid spicy recipe, our aim in putting this was to add aroma in the recipe)
- 5 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add vegetable oil then saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the tomatoes then stir, pour the water needed, then add the salt, seasoning mix, black pepper and the tamarind mix powder or you can use fresh tamarind fruit if available.
- Let boil for 5 minutes before putting the milkfish slices and the green chillies.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then add the water spinach, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with your warm rice! Enjoy…