Do you love sweet snacks but feel a little bit anxious consuming them? Why don’t you eat a sweet but healthy food? This recipe offers both because it was made from sweet potatoes glazed with the calming taste of honey.
Sweet potatoes are root vegetables that has a lot of health benefits on it and according to our health food source:
- They are good sources of vitamin C.
- High in vitamin B6 which helps for the prevention of heart attacks.
- Contains vitamin D and iron
- Good sources of magnesium and potassium
- They are also high in carotenoids
Honey has a natural sweetness and stickiness, this food substance is one of the most favorite ingredient of health conscious individuals in baking and sometimes in cooking a simple dish because they also offers a lot of health benefits in our body.
- Honey contains antioxidants which helps reduce the risk of certain types of cancers and heart diseases.
- May help in ulcer treatment
- Can help in treating cough
- It has an antibacterial properties, and can help in wound healing.
- Can use as an ingredient to moisturize and nourish the skin.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (this recipe used canola oil)
- 1 whisked egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- Wash your hands before baking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Boil the sweet potatoes, let it cool then mash it.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c.
- In a bowl add the mashed potatoes and the dry ingredients (all purpose four, brown sugar, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda) then mix the wet ingredients (condensed milk, evaporated milk, vegetable oil and whisked egg).
- Pour in a round baking pan then bake for 20 minutes.
- After that get in the oven and pour 1/4 cup of honey on top and bake it again for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool and serve! Enjoy