Do you love sweet snacks but feel a bit anxious about consuming them? Why don’t you eat sweet but healthy food? This recipe offers both because it was made from sweet potatoes, and glazed with the calming taste of honey.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 whisked egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- Wash your hands before baking and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- Boil the sweet potatoes, let it cool then mash it.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c.
- In a bowl add the mashed potatoes and the dry ingredients (all-purpose four, brown sugar, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda) then mix the wet ingredients (condensed milk, evaporated milk, vegetable oil and whisked egg).
- Pour in a round baking pan then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- After that remove from the oven and pour 1/4 cup of honey on top and bake it again for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool and serve, enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient alternatives.