This past few days aren’t good because of the storm that hit our country. A lot of lives, trees, animals, houses and material possessions where damaged by this storm. That’s why preparation and alertness are very important in times like this, but what are the things and important reminders you need to know before a storm?
- Food products (easy to open and ready to eat foods like canned goods, cup noodles, biscuit, precooked rice and dish, safe drinking water, hot water dispenser or thermos with hot water)
- Health kit or first aid kit (includes over the counter medications to relieve unexpected sicknesses like: fever, headache or vertigo, stomach problems like diarrhea or constipation, and maintenance medications if ever a family member is currently taking it. You also need vitamins to boost your immunity and to be able to fight this stressful event. Also include in you health kit personal hygiene essentials like: tooth brush, toothpaste, wipes, soap, alcohol and etc.
- Prepare a family bag kit that includes clothings, towels and blankets of family members.
- Alertness and prayers! We need to be vigilant enough, listen to the authorities and news regarding the storm updates. We also need to keep calm and pray!
- Teach family members specially the young ones on the proper actions if ever there is an emergency.
- During a storm expect to experience disconnected electricity power, so be sure to charge your cellphones or anything you can use as mode of communication, if possible have a battery operated radio to stay updated regarding the storm news.
- You may also want to secure your important documents in a plastic envelop and other valuables like: money, jewelries and other gadgets.
This photo was taken before the storm, the clouds looks sad and so with those trees, the dim clouds wants to tell something! It warns us of a heavy and stressful storm. We are still very lucky because we only experienced heavy rains, wind, electric power and water disconnections, but feeling so sad to what happened to the other parts of our country who was hit strongly by this super typhoon.
“After the storm the sky wants to say that stand up! Be strong, all of your life’s challenges will always have a solution, just find it. Do not be in a hurry for the grace to shine upon you because you will get there”.
In life there will be a lot of storms but always remember that there will always be a new beginning! The sun will shine brighter than what you expected.
Here’s an outlined video-slide for this post 💞