If you love bread with some delicious filling, let this ube jam give it to you! Purple yam is a kind of starchy root vegetable that you can add as an additional ingredient to other veggies or meat recipes, you can make ube chips, cake, muffins, crinkles, cookies and even smoothies or ice cream! Not only a flexible food to a lot of dishes, but it is also very nutritious, because according to our health food source, purple yam is rich in antioxidants, carbohydrates, vitamin C and potassium.
Some mistakenly associate it with sweet potatoes as it also have purple colored varieties. To differentiate the two: purple (ube) yam’s color are usually a vivid violet-purple to bright lavender, the outside texture is rough and darker, the peel (outer layer or the skin) is a bit thick, on the other hand, sweet potatoes outside texture are smooth and looks shiny, the peel is thin compared to ube.
Note: “Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food”.
- 1/2 kg purple yam
- 1 can (387g) of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + 1/4 cup cornstarch (combine and dissolve it with 1/4 cup of water)
- 3 tbsp margarine
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Wash the purple (ube) yam carefully, and remove the outer layer, slice it into three.
- Put it in a pot and add 2 1/2 cups of water then bring it to boil.
- When the purple yam was already boiled, drain it then put it in a bowl, mash it.
- In a medium heat using a pan, add the coconut milk, when it starts to bubble add the mashed purple (ube) yam then stir it, add the other ingredients one by one (condensed milk, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, cornstarch and the margarine).
- Just continue stirring until you already achieved the desired thickness.
- Hope you like it!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE