Important tips to consider in promoting a healthy sleeping pattern
Are you struggling to get some good sleep or experiencing too hard falling asleep during the night? This post will tackle about why it’s important to give at least a few hours of a no gadget or television before bedtime, and some helpful tips on how to promote a better sleeping pattern during the night.
According to studies watching television, using laptops, tablets, computers, smartphones and any other screen related objects before bedtime aren’t good and really a bad idea that could bring harm or bad effects in your body. These gadgets can emit blue light, which can harm or destroy the quality of your sleep. They added that blue light delays the release of the sleep inducing melatonin (the hormone which is responsible for your sleep-wake cycle). The delay will reset the body’s internal clock to a later time, bringing a disrupted sleep pattern.
The following are the important tips to consider before bedtime to promote a better sleep:
- Reading books, it helps you achieve a better mindfulness, it reduces stress therefore helping your mind and body to relax making it easier for you to fall asleep.
- If you have children read some bedtime stories to them, children love fantasizing and listening to stories, pretty sure they will like this idea too.
- It is also helpful to take a warm shower before bedtime. It helps you to fall asleep quickly.
- Avoid thinking too much, specially negative thoughts that could bring emotional and mental stress.
- Do some deep breathing exercises, yoga, or meditations.
- Listen to relaxing music, it calms your nervous system and other organs and help your body to relax and fall asleep.
- Use dim light because it will help you to sleep better, bright lights can disturb the sleep inducing melatonin, making it hard to fall asleep earlier.
- Be sure that your stomach aren’t too full before bedtime or avoid large meals because the quality of your sleep throughout the night can be disrupted as your digestive organ is working too much, and as a result, it will interfere with falling asleep.
- Avoid longer naps during the day, it will cause you to stay awake longer at night.
- Avoid drinks that could stimulate your body before bedtime such as caffeinated drinks (coffee), energy drinks (chocolate), sodas or soft drinks instead you better drink milk because it contains tryptophan (an amino acid) that will help you to sleep better at night.
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
You are welcome to visit:
Health and Life Matters_Momsotherside
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.
You can subscribe here to receive our latest post directly to your Email!