Do you love eating fish but already tired of cooking the same recipe each time? Please don’t hesitate to try this milkfish in coconut milk, you can also use this recipe in other fish products like tuna, tilapia, salmon or any meaty fish you prefer. The combination of the coconut milk makes it so creamy and delicious, pure coconut milk is preferred in this recipe in order to achieve the desired result, you can find them at your local food store. Repack or powdered coconut milk won’t give the same result in this recipe as they are already processed and of less natural taste. This recipe has a lot of nutrients that can benefit your body. The combination of fish, coconut milk and veggies like pechay, string beans, tomatoes and the addition of ginger, onion and garlic makes it worthy to eat with your rice at mealtime. As a whole this recipe is rich in antioxidants, fiber and calcium.
Note: “Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food”.
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- Milkfish (this recipe used the milkfish’ body)
- 2 pcs tomatoes (cut each piece of tomato into four)
- 1 bunch pechay
- 6 pcs string beans (cut into a measurement of 2 inches each)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- 1 to 2 tbsp cooking oil (vegetable oil)
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a frying pan, add vegetable oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger until browned and already smells aromatic.
- Gently pour the needed coconut milk, let boil then add the milkfish, string beans, tomatoes, salt, seasoning mix and black pepper. Let cook for 15 minutes.
- After that add the pechay, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with your warm rice… Hope you like it… Enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. If you’re new to our blog here’s a video-slide presenting a small summary of what it’s all about. It’s a pleasure to connect and share something with you💞