Do you love root crops? Try this very simple and easy to prepare recipe, it used purple sweet potatoes, they are root vegetables that offers a lot of health benefits in our body. They are good sources of vitamin C, B6, D and iron. They are also a good sources of magnesium and potassium. This recipe also used coconut milk which contains a good amount of antioxidants and it offers a lot of health benefits also, like it can improve digestion, can help you fight infections, helps to increase metabolism and a lot more. Purple sweet potatoes are very much different from purple yam (ube). Sometimes they mistakenly associate the two, but to differentiate them: purple (ube) yam’s color are usually a vivid violet-purple to bright lavender, the outside texture is rough and darker, the peel (outer layer or the skin) is a little bit thick while sweet potatoes’ outside texture are smooth and looks shiny, the peel is thin compared to purple yam (ube).
Note: “Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food”.
- 4 pieces purple sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (dissolved in a 1/8 cup of water)
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 whisked egg
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add water then put the sweet potatoes, bring it to boil.
- After boiling, remove from heat, let cool, then peel the boiled sweet potatoes just like the photo above, mash or cut into small pieces.
- Heat a frying pan, add the margarine then pour the needed coconut milk, let boil first then add the sweet potatoes.
- Gently add the other ingredients (condensed milk, brown sugar, dissolved cornstarch and whisked egg).
- Stir continuously until you already achieved the desired thickness.
- This recipe was cooked for about 25 minutes.
- Put in a bowl and allow to cool down before putting in the refrigerator.
- Put in a molding pan or container.
- Overnight chilling is needed to get a good result. After chilling it will turn out thick and firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. If you’re new to our blog here’s a video-slide presenting a small summary of what it’s all about. It’s a pleasure to connect and share something with you💞