Do you love eating root crops? Try this very simple and easy to prepare recipe, it used purple sweet potatoes, a kind of root vegetables that offers a lot of health benefits in our body. A good sources of vitamin C, B6, D, iron, magnesium and potassium. This recipe also used coconut milk which contains a good amount of antioxidants, and it offers a lot of health benefits also, like it can improve digestion, can help you fight infections, help to increase metabolism and a lot more. Purple sweet potatoes are very much different from purple yam (ube). Sometimes they mistakenly associate the two, but to differentiate them: purple (ube) yam’s color are usually a vivid violet-purple to bright lavender, the outside texture is rough and darker, the peel (outer layer or the skin) is a bit thick while sweet potatoes’ outside texture are smooth and looks shiny, the peel is thin compared to purple yam (ube).
Note: “Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food”.
- 4 pieces purple sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (dissolved in a 1/8 cup of water)
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 whisked egg
- Wash your hands before cooking and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a medium heat using a pot, add water then put the sweet potatoes, bring it to boil.
- After boiling, remove from heat, let cool, then peel the boiled sweet potatoes just like the photo above, mash or cut into small pieces.
- Heat a frying pan, add the margarine then pour the needed coconut milk, let boil first then add the sweet potatoes.
- Gently add the other ingredients (condensed milk, brown sugar, dissolved cornstarch and whisked egg).
- Stir continuously until you already achieved the desired thickness.
- This recipe was cooked for about 25 minutes.
- Put in a bowl and let cool before putting in the refrigerator.
- Put in a molding pan or container.
- Overnight chilling is needed to get a good result. After chilling, it will turn out thick and firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading, and hope you like this simple recipe! Feel free to drop your comments below! Would love to read all of those, have a nice day 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE