A few months or days from now, we will be celebrating the Christmas season! Are you excited? Do you already have ideas on what gifts you will give to your loved ones?
Here are the reasons why gift giving is a wonderful action to do:
- Time, presence, and love! These are priceless gifts that we should give to our loved ones.
- Giving must come from a generous and compassionate heart, doing it without compassion is like giving just to get something in return.
- Gift giving is an act of sharing your blessings to somebody, be it your husband, wife, mother, father, children, relatives, neighbors, or even to other people or strangers whom you want to share something.
- Be reminded that it shouldn’t be a chore or something you have to do because you were being told to do so, or encouraged by someone, it must come from your heart. It shouldn’t be a forceful act. It must come from your interests and your willingness to make other people happy.
- When you give gifts, you are giving something that reminds them that sharing is an act of kindness and good will.
- We often give gifts as a way of showing our love, thoughtfulness, affection, and appreciation to somebody.
- Giving gifts brings joy or pleasure to the receiver and must also give the same feelings to you as the giver.
- It is a joyous action, and it’s an important part of human interaction, it strengthens bonding moments with family and friends and gives an innate feeling of happiness to other people whom you choose to give.
- It is often the giver, rather than the receiver who really reaps the biggest psychological gains from gift giving because it enhances your well-being.
- There are various kinds of gifts that you could offer, it might be something you bought, something you made, or the gift of time or volunteering to benefit other people who are in need.