Energizing mung beans, pork and veggies
Eating this recipe with rice will give you a boost of energy. It contains a lot of beneficial nutrients that our body needs, it is very rich in fiber and antioxidants that you can get from the mung beans and water spinach, it is also rich in iron and beta-carotene derived from the squash and protein from the pork meat slices. If ever you don’t like the idea of including pork meat slices, you can skip it or eat this recipe with fried fish, they are also very compatible. This is a balanced recipe that helps to strengthen the immune system.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/4 kg mung beans
- 2 cups of thinly sliced pork meat
- 1 bunch water spinach
- 1/4 kg squash (cut into cubes)
- 3 tsp seasoning mix
- 3 to 4 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials before cooking to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- Tip: before cooking make sure to soak first the mung beans in hot water for (1 to 2 hours) then cover it, this way it will be easier for the mung beans to boil and cook, saving too much of your time.
- In a medium heat using a pot, sauté garlic and onion, add the pork meat slices, stir until browned.
- Pour the soaked mung beans and let boil for 30 minutes then cover.
- After that add the squash, cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the water spinach and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with your warm rice, enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. Have a great day ahead! God bless 💞
HEALTH AND LIFE MATTERS_MOMSOTHERSIDE