Eating this recipe with rice will give you a boost of energy. It contains a lot of beneficial nutrients that our body needs, it is very rich in fiber and antioxidants that you can get from the mung beans and water spinach, it is also rich in iron and beta carotene derived from the squash and protein from the pork meat slices. If ever you don’t like the idea of including pork meat slices, you can skip it or eat this recipe with fried fish, they are also very compatible. We need a balanced meal in order to strengthen our immune system.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/4 kg mung beans
- 2 cups of thinly sliced pork meat
- 1 bunch water spinach
- 1/4 kg squash (cut into cubes)
- 3 tsp seasoning mix
- 3 to 4 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials before cooking to ensure a safe food preparation and to save time and effort. Be sure also to wash your veggies and meat ingredients carefully.
- Tip: before cooking make sure to soak first the mung beans in hot water for (1 to 2 hours) then cover it, this way it will be easier for the mung beans to boil and cook, saving too much of your time.
- In a medium heat using a pot, saute garlic and onion, add the pork meat slices, stir until browned in color.
- Pour the soaked mung beans and let boil for 30 minutes then cover.
- After that add the squash, cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the water spinach and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with your warm rice… Enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. If you’re new to our blog here’s a video-slide presenting a small summary of what it’s all about. It’s a pleasure to connect and share something with you💞