This delicacy is made from glutinous rice flour added with coconut milk, brown sugar, margarine and condensed milk. It’s a baked sticky sweet dessert or snack that is usually served with warm or hot beverage. It’s also a part of culture and tradition here in Asia to prepare or have this during a special occasion. Glutinous rice flour are available at the grocery store and are available per pack. This recipe is an energy boosting food that is rich in carbohydrates, calcium and antioxidants.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects on our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 2 3/4 cups of glutinous flour
- 2 1/2 cups of pure coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- 2 tbsp margarine
- For the liquid mixture: combine 1/4 cup of coconut milk, 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 3 tbsp of condensed milk in one bowl then set aside.
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 150’c.
- In a large bowl, mix first the dry ingredients (glutinous rice flour and brown sugar).
- After that add the wet ingredients (coconut milk, condensed milk and the margarine).
- Combine them altogether, be sure to use nonstick baking pan, if not you can put a sheet of baking paper on the baking pan or just grease it with oil to avoid the delicacy from sticking in the pan.
- If your baking pan is now ready, gently pour the mixture then bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes at 150’c.
- Then after that, get the baking pan and pour the readily combined liquid mixture you’ve set aside a while ago on top of the delicacy.
- Bake for another 20 minutes
- After baking let it cool first to settle all the liquid mixture inside the delicacy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe. If you’re new to our blog here’s a video-slide presenting a small summary of what it’s all about. It’s a pleasure to connect and share something with you💞