A healthier version of dinner rolls
Need something to pair with your hot beverage or hot soup later? Try this easy to make and a healthier version of dinner rolls! This recipe is suitable for health conscious individuals because it uses a healthier ingredient alternatives like honey, olive oil and iodized salt.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 3 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1 whisk egg (set aside, brush it later on top of each dough pieces)
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials.
- In a large bowl, pour the warm water then add the olive oil, iodized salt, honey and the needed all-purpose flour.
- Mix and combine well, knead to form a dough.
- Grease a large bowl with a small amount of vegetable oil then put the dough on it.
- Cover the bowl with a clean cloth or plastic food wrapper, put in a warm place and let it rest for 1 hour or until the dough doubled in size.
- Gently punch the dough to remove the accumulated air on it.
- Cut the dough into eight pieces, then shape it into balls.
- Grease a round baking pan with a small amount of vegetable oil, then put the dough pieces on it, just like the photo on the left below.
- Cover and let it rest again for 30 minutes, after that the photo on the right below should be the outcome.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160’c.
- Brush the whisked egg on top of the dough pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 160’c.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
6 thoughts on “A healthier version of dinner rolls”
Thank you 💞
looks so yummy mam….
Hello there! Yes and you can even put your favorite bread filling on it…
[…] A healthier version of dinner rolls […]
Thanks for resharing this post,
God bless 💞