Health benefits of bottle gourd
Bottle gourd (is also called Calabash). It has a green, smooth texture and white flesh inside when peeled, this fruit is harvested young to be consumed as a vegetable, other ways of cooking this are sauteed and soup recipes. According to our health food source:
- This vegetable is helpful to the urinary system, it helps to reduce burning sensation from acidic urination, it may also reduce the chances of urinary tract infection.
- Helpful in reducing high blood pressure and helpful in keeping the heart healthy.
- It contains vitamins and minerals such as: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamins A and C and folate.
- Contains fiber which supports healthy digestion and helps to combat constipation.
- It may help in reducing body weight.
Try this: Meaty bottle gourd recipe
You may also want to read, this post compilation: Health benefits of fruits, vegetables, seafoods, meats etc.