Bottle gourd (is also called Calabash)
It has a green, smooth texture and white flesh inside when peeled, this fruit is harvested young to be consumed as a vegetable, other ways of cooking this are sauteed and soup recipes. According to our health food source:
- This vegetable is helpful to the urinary system, it helps to reduce burning sensation from acidic urination, it may also reduce the chances of urinary tract infection.
- Helpful in reducing high blood pressure and helpful in keeping the heart healthy.
- It contains vitamins and minerals such as: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamins A and C and folate.
- Contains fiber which supports healthy digestion and helps to combat constipation.
- It may help in reducing body weight.
Try this: Meaty bottle gourd recipe
You may also want to read, this post compilation: Health benefits of fruits, vegetables, seafoods, meats etc.
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
You are welcome to visit:
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.