Meaty bottle gourd recipe
This meaty bottle gourd is a warm-boosting food that was cooked with pork meat.
It’s a nutritious dish that is rich in protein from pork meat, fiber, and other essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals from the bottle gourd.
Bottle gourd has a green, smooth texture and white flesh inside when peeled. Other ways of cooking this could be sautéed or boiled and added with meat slices.
According to our health food source:
- Bottle gourd is helpful to the urinary system, it helps to reduce burning sensation from acidic urination, it may also reduce the chances of urinary tract infection.
- Helpful in reducing high blood pressure and helpful in keeping the heart healthy.
- It contains vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamins A and C and folate.
- Contains fiber, which supports healthy digestion and helps to combat constipation.
- It may help in reducing body weight.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg pork meat (with bones)
- 1 large bottle gourd (cut into small sizes)
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 2 tsp iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a medium heat using a pot add vegetable oil then sauté garlic and onion, add the pork meat slices then stir.
- Pour the needed water, iodized salt, seasoning mix and black pepper, cover and let boil for 30 minutes.
- Thereafter, add the bottle gourd slices, cover again and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you for reading this post, and hope you like this simple recipe! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
Here is a post compilation of easy recipes that you can prepare at home: Recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
3 thoughts on “Meaty bottle gourd recipe”
[…] have not cooked with calabash – or bottlegoard – but after reading this recipe I am interested in doing […]
Hello there! Thank you for reblogging this post…
Have a nice day💞
[…] Try this: Meaty bottle gourd recipe […]