This meaty bottle gourd recipe is a warm boosting food that was cooked with pork meat. It’s a nutritious dish that is rich in protein from the pork meat, fiber and other essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals from the bottle gourd.
It has a green, smooth texture and white flesh inside when peeled, this fruit is harvested young to be consumed as a vegetable, other ways of cooking this are sauteed and soup recipes. According to our health food source:
- This vegetable is helpful to the urinary system, it helps to reduce burning sensation from acidic urination, it may also reduce the chances of urinary tract infection.
- Helpful in reducing high blood pressure and helpful in keeping the heart healthy.
- It contains vitamins and minerals such as: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamins A and C and folate.
- Contains fiber which supports healthy digestion and helps to combat constipation.
- It may help in reducing body weight.
Note: Excessive consumption of food is not good to our health and can bring a negative result or bad effects in our body. Always eat the right kind and the right amount of food.
- 1/2 kg pork meat (with bones)
- 1 large bottle gourd (cut into small sizes)
- 2 tsp seasoning mix
- 2 tsp iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups water
- Wash your hands and prepare your ingredients and materials to save time and effort and to ensure a clean and safe food preparation.
- In a medium heat using a pot add vegetable oil then sauté garlic and onion, add the pork meat slices then stir.
- Pour the needed water, iodized salt, seasoning mix and black pepper, cover and let boil for 30 minutes.
- After that add the bottle gourd slices, cover again and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you like this simple recipe!
Feel free to visit: