Health benefits of Tomatoes
Tomatoes are an edible berry of the plant Solanum lycopersicum, commonly known as a tomato plant.
These fruit vegetables are very nutritious and according to our health food source, here are some of the health benefits:
- It can help in achieving a healthy hair, skin, bones, teeth, eyes, and resistance to respiratory infections.
- Contains good amount of vitamin C, which helps in wound healing and may help to slow aging.
- It can decrease blood cholesterol levels and can help in prevention of infections.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Low in sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol.
- Good sources of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C and K, potassium and manganese.
- It also contains vitamins E, B, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, and Copper.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
Here are some recipes that you may try:
- Fried fish with sauteed tomatoes
- Creamy-rich salted eggs with tomatoes
- Sauteed veggies with whisked eggs
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient alternatives.
You may also want to read, this post compilation: Health benefits of fruits, vegetables, seafoods, meats etc.
4 thoughts on “Health benefits of Tomatoes”
Thank you so much! 💞
Thanks, Mom! 🙂
I keep wondering if it is true, about either Thomas Jefferson, or maybe Benjamin Franklin, standing in a public square eating a tomato, to show everyone that it was not in fact a deadly part of the nightshade family?
I suspect that the person who told me this story was pulling my leg, but maybe you have heard about it?
Ooohhh I haven’t heard about that story…