Health benefits of dragon fruit
Dragon fruit grows on the Hylocereus cactus, it is also known as pitahaya or the strawberry pear. It’s a tropical fruit known for its red skin, watery and sweet taste. This wonderful fruit contains small black seeds that are edible.
According to our health food source, below are the health benefits of dragon fruit:
- Dragon fruit can boost the immune system because of the vitamin C it contains.
- This fruit is high in fibers, which helps in digestion.
- It can help prevent the formation of cancer causing free radicals.
- Rich in antioxidants
- help to lower blood glucose levels and controls blood cholesterol levels.
- Improves eyesight and appetite
- Can also help in weight reduction
- It can improve memory and also helpful in wound healing.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
A recipe that you can try: Dragon fruit chocolate glazed cake.
Something to note: “Eating food with the whole family is one way to promote your bonding moments together, it also creates a happy environment, healthy lifestyle, positive thoughts about life and a helpful way to achieve an overall health”.
Remember: To make a healthier recipe, read food labels and choose to consider healthy ingredient-alternatives.
You may also want to read, this post compilation: Health benefits of fruits, vegetables, seafoods, meats etc.
Thank you for reading this post! If you have any comments or something to share regarding this topic, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section…
You are welcome to visit:
Health and Life Matters_Momsotherside
Your online friendly corner where you can find topics, ideas, information, and inspiration which are essential in living.
You can subscribe here to receive our latest post directly to your Email!