Dragon fruit grows on the Hylocereus cactus, it is also known as pitahaya or the strawberry pear. It’s a tropical fruit known for its red skin, watery and sweet taste. The fruit is filled with small black seeds that are edible.
According to our health food source, below are the health benefits of dragon fruit:
- Dragon fruit can boost the immune system because of the vitamin C it contains.
- High in fibers which helps in digestion.
- Can help prevent the formation of cancer causing free radicals.
- Rich in antioxidants
- help to lower blood glucose levels and controls blood cholesterol levels.
- Improves eyesight and appetite
- Can also help in weight reduction
- It can improve memory and also good in wound healing.
Disclaimer: The list shown above is merely for information purposes only. If you need a medical advice, you should consult a doctor or other appropriate medical professional.
A recipe that you can try: Dragon fruit chocolate glazed cake.